Bromleag Care Practice is an exciting new practice which offers a unique opportunity to enhance care for residents of nursing homes, residential homes, and those in extra care housing.
Our vision is to create a high quality service that builds on strong relations with our partners and the communities we serve.
The service we offer has been tailored specifically for care homes. Unlike the current model offered, our staff are responsible for only those patients who reside in care homes. This is why we believe the best place for our team to be in, is the community. By always being on the road, we are able to deal with queries quicker and more efficiently.
We have a central hub where the admin staff are located, and where clinical staff can report to. This is based at:
— Monday-Friday 8:00am – 6:30pm.
— Closed Saturday and Sunday
— Outside of opening hours please call 111 or 999 in an emergency.
Our service provides the following:
- Regular weekly/bi-weekly visits to all homes.
- A medical assessment of each resident upon admission.
- Follow up medical assessments at least twice a year.
- Post-hospital discharge medical assessment and medicines reconciliation.
- Medicines review at least once a year.
- Urgent same day emergency visits.
- A multi-disciplinary approach with care home staff and other health/social care services.
- Medicines optimisation pharmacist available to residents.
- Community matron support.