The first One Bromley ‘Celebrating Integration Together’ awards took place on 19 May 2022 and saw members of the One Bromley health and care system come together to celebrate their hard work and success strengthened through working collaboratively.
Bromley GP Alliance (BGPA) strives to provide excellent patient care and were delighted to be included in the event and recognised for their role during the pandemic – receiving three awards on the night together with colleagues across our partner organisations.
The list of awards won by BGPA include:
- The Mary Cooke Award for reducing health inequalities and improving the health of Bromley residents: BGPA in partnership with the Bromley Homeless Shelter established health clinics supporting the homeless over winter providing a range of health care services (health checks, mental health support, drug and alcohol support, podiatry, flu and covid vaccinations and help registering with a GP).
- Supporting the One Bromley system award: The ‘Together through Winter’ communications campaign team supporting delivery of the One Bromley winter plan, including regular system wide winter pressure information and public leaflets delivered to every household about how to keep well over winter.
- Integrated response to the COVID Pandemic award: The extensive Bromley vaccination programme supported by the One Bromley task force, including GPs, nurses, pharmacies, the mass vaccination site, and the wide range of pop-up vaccination clinics set up across the borough to reach different communities.
BGPA were also highly commended in other integrated work areas for providing proactive care to the residents of Bromley including:
- The Bromleag Care Practice – providing GP care to Bromley care home residents
- COVID respiratory hub, providing remote assessments of respiratory conditions.
Nominees had been asked to submit applications which demonstrated their commitment to integrated working and describe what staff members/teams had achieved. A One Bromley selection committee subsequently met to discuss the submissions and shortlist. The winners were announced on 19 May.
Janet Edmonds, Chief Operating Officer at Bromley GP Alliance, commented: “It is a tremendous achievement to see so many of our staff nominated and to have subsequently gone onto win three awards on the night at the first ever One Bromley Staff Awards.
At BGPA, our team ensured that all our services continued to run during the pandemic and introduced new ways of working to support our most vulnerable patients. These awards are a testament to our staff, the relationships they have developed with colleagues supporting healthcare services – all of whom continue to show commitment and dedication to the care they offer to our patients across Bromley.”
Bromley GP Alliance is a GP federation comprising of 43 practices across Bromley, set up to improve the health and wellbeing of our residents. We run a variety of community services including GP Access Hubs, Phlebotomy, Dermatology, Headache, Vasectomy, Health Checks and Denosumab.
Our members remain independent practices and work together across 8 PCNs to find innovative and collaborative ways of working to address the challenges faced in the NHS today.
Together we are passionate about health care for Bromley patients and want to offer the highest quality care. Since implementation, our services have developed the ethos of sharing our professional knowledge and skills with our patients.
- Follow BGPA on Twitter @BromleyGPs
- Follow BGPA on Instagram @BromleyGPAlliance
- Follow BGPA at facebook.com/BromleyGPAlliance
- Read more at https://bromleygpalliance.org/