The Phlebotomy Service takes blood samples from patients who have been identified by their GP as needing a blood test.
Phlebotomy is the process of taking blood to be sent to hospital for testing. Blood tests can help obtain a diagnosis for certain illnesses – or rule them out, monitor treatment and help patients and GPs manage long term health conditions.
Most blood tests only take a few minutes and are carried out by a phlebotomist (a specialist in taking blood samples).
- The Park Practice, 17 Oakfield Road, London, SE20 8QA
- Dysart Surgery, 13 Ravensbourne Rd, Bromley BR1 1HN
- Ballater Surgery, 108 Chislehurst Road, Orpington, BR6 0DP
- Summercroft Surgery, 1c Starts Hill Road, Farnborough, Kent, BR6 7AR
Appointments are available:
- Park Practice, Mondays, 8:15am to 1pm Wednesdays, 8:15am to 2:45pm
- Dysart Surgery, Tuesdays, 8am to 12:15pm, Thursdays 8:30am to 12:45pm
- Ballater Surgery, Thursdays, 8:15am to 3pm
- Summercroft Surgery Mondays 08.00 – 17.00, Tuesdays 09.30 – 18.00, Wednesdays 08.00 –16.30, Thursdays 09.30 – 18.30, Fridays 08.00 – 16.30
How do I get an appointment?
If your doctor requires you to have blood test, you will be given a blood test form; your GP practice will be able to book an appointment for you at one of the Bromley GP Alliance clinics. Ask at reception for an appointment or call 0203 930 0245.